AN ECO-FRIENDLY, NEOPRENE-FREE SUIT WITH A SUPPLE STRETCH AND GREAT SEAM CONSTRUCTION
The Eco-Seas from Vissla is a limited edition cold weather wetsuit that’s made for surfing in water conditions of around 10 to 16°C or 55 to 64°F. Made from Naturalprene, it uses no petroleum-based products in its construction and is a great eco-friendly alternative to the traditional neoprene wetsuit.
Even more Eco than the leading brand
With 85% natural rubber foam harvested from renewable rubber trees in Malaysia, the EcoSeas blends in 15% synthetic rubber that’s plant-based. This is key point of difference from the industry-leading Patagonia Yulex suits, as it the use of a solvent-free, water-based glue – so you can be sure you’re getting one of the ‘greenest’ wetsuits around.
A super warm and environmentally-friendly thermal liner
The suit’s Naturalprene foam is faced with Upcycled Ultraspan water-repellent jersey, made from 45 recycled plastic bottles. On the interior, there’s a warmth-enhancing thermal lining made of Upcycled Thermal Bamboo Charcoal fibres combined with recycled poly fibres made from more recycled plastic bottles. The resulting liner is great at retaining heat, and the Bamboo Charcoal in the mix gives it an anti-microbial boost.
Well fitted and watertight
Engineered, anatomically correct, pre-bent body lines with minimal seams contribute to an excellent fit with unrestricted performance and warmth.
It’s a fantastic suit for keeping the water out too, with loads of flush and leak-resistant tech – a sturdy PS S-Lock chest zip entry system, triple GBS seams with internal tape and external sealant, and excellent Glideskin flush seals on the neck, wrist and ankles.
THE BEST BITS…
- Made from eco-friendly Naturalprene using solvent-free glue
- Lined with recycled plastic bottles and bamboo charcoal
- PK S-Lock chest-zip entry with Cris-X panels for easy entry and minimal bulk with a perfect fit
- Tripled glued, double blind stitched seams with interior taping and exterior sealant
- Upcycled Supratex abrasion-resistant knee pads for flexibility and strength
- Flush-resistant Glideskin on the cuffs seals
- Easy access secure key cord
- Reassuring 1-year warranty on all seams and Naturalprene
WHAT IT’S MADE OF…
- NaturalPrene: 85% Natural Rubber / 15% Synthetic Rubber.
- Outside panels: 88% Recycled Polyester / 12% Spandex.
- Inside thermal lining: 45% Recycled Polyester / 47% Nano Bamboo Charcoal Polyester / 8% Spandex
HOW TO LOOK AFTER IT…
- Treat with special care, rinsing thoroughly inside and out with fresh water
- Hang dry in a cool shaded area
- Avoid hanging in direct sun light
- When changing, avoid standing on the wetsuit