The Modern Planing Hull represents a radical change in the approach to high performance surfboard design and the Vanguard model is the result of precise mathematical formulas and geometry. The hydrodynamic architecture of the Vanguard opens the door to a fresh approach to surfboard design and the art of riding waves. Inspired by the incredible feats of athleticism exhibited by today’s top professional surfers, Tomo (Daniel Thomson) has created a design that further helps 21st century surfers expand their abilities. Higher degrees of speed, electric wave attack and radical aerial potential are all possible with this highly tuned machine.
- Template: The outline of the Vanguard is the foundation and driving force of this highly innovative surfboard. Ultra parallel lines allow the design to be ridden smaller and narrower than previously considered functional. This is achieved by maintaining ideal rider volume with balanced foam distribution. The parallel outline reduces drag, thus increasing dynamic planing lift yielding more speed via less water resistance.
- Nose Profile: The unique diamond nose profile significantly reduces swing weight while still providing a central control point. Further, the diamond nose is blunt and safe. The rider is encouraged to push the limits of personal performance and have fun. The nose area features a complex contour to reduce the rate of pearling by creating controlled aerodynamic lift. As the rider gains speed he/she will notice the nose contour channeling wind resistance, which in turn, lifts the nose upward. This feature is also very beneficial to a surfer with a developed aerial repertoire. When engaged in on-wave maneuvers, the instant the nose engages the water, the nose contour helps ‘pop’ the nose out of a pearl. This adds a tremendous element of control when riding backward out of radical maneuver.
- Tail Profile: The unique twin diamond tail profile provides excellent directional control and very low drag. The technical bottom contour, which utilizes a channel/concave combo, helps to maximize speed and control through sharp directional changes.
- The Ride: The rider will experience exceptional freedom and planing speed right from the get go. The very short nature of the design allows the rider to completely dominate the board. The straightened rail line will allow for effortless and precise turns and direct transitions.
- Although geared for high performances shredding, the Vanguard is surprisingly easy to ride for a wide range of surfing abilities. It has a very stable nature, naturally fast with and a very efficient wave catching ability
- FST (Future Shape Technology) - FST relies primarily on the PARABOLIC Balsa Rail to control flex while the high density aerospace composite vacuumed to both the top and bottom decks provides significant impact strength, and is stronger than a traditional PU surfboard.
- LFT (Linear Flex Technology) White Deckskin - LFT incorporates Firewire’s SPRINGER HD, a 0.75" (18 mm) wide aerospace composite that runs down the centerline of the board, representing the next generation in our SPRINGER technology. The SPRINGER HD runs the entire length of the board and plays a pivotal role in optimizing flex from nose to tail.
|4'8||16"||1 3/4||DIAMOND||15.5 ltr|
|4'10||16 1/2"||1 7/8"||DIAMOND||17.8 ltr|
|5'1||17 1/4"||2 3/16"||DIAMOND||22.8 ltr|
|5'2||17 1/2"||2 1/8"||DIAMOND||22.9 ltr|
|5'3||17 3/4"||2 5/16"||DIAMOND||25.7 ltr|
|5'4||18"||2 1/4"||DIAMOND||25.9 ltr|
|5'5||18 1/4"||2 7/16"||DIAMOND||28.9 ltr|
|5'6||18 1/2"||2 3/8"||DIAMOND||28.8 ltr|
|5'7||18 3/4"||2 9/16"||DIAMOND||32.0 ltr|
|5'8||19"||2 1/2"||DIAMOND||32.2 ltr|
|5'9||19 1/4"||2 11/16"||DIAMOND||35.6 ltr|
|5'10||19 1/2"||2 5/8"||DIAMOND||35.7 ltr|
|5'11||19 3/4"||2 13/16"||DIAMOND||39.4 ltr|
|6'0||20"||2 3/4"||DIAMOND||39.5 ltr|
|6'2||20 1/2"||2 7/8"||DIAMOND||43.5 ltr|